This is just one of the many reasons given below, why we are consistently ranked no.1
|Rustamji Institute of Technology is the first engineering college in India established by a Para Military Force. Due to bulk deployment of BSF personnel in far flung border area, militancy and Naxal affected areas, the majority of the force personnel stay separated from their families and are unable to look after the proper education of their wards. RJIT established with the objective of giving an opportunity to the children of BSF/CAPFs personnel as well as civilians to acquire quality technical education. This institute was inaugurated on 2nd October 1999 by Padma Vibhushan Shri K F Rustamji himself.
The founding father of BSF as its first Director General , Late Shri KF Rustamji always had the larger interest of the troops deep in his heart. He always felt that the BSF personnel deployed in remote areas and those who laid down their lives in honor of the country, their wards should be cared for proper education facilities.
Sh E N Ram Mohan , the then DG ,BSF assigned the task to Dr GP Bhatnagar, the then IG/Director BSF Academy and Sh Mahabir Prasad, DC the then Commandant CSMT to work on dreams of Shri Rustamji by establishing first ever engineering institute by a Para Military force in India with limited available resources.
Initially the Institute was established temporarily at CSMT and later on shifted to its allocated land near by CSMT.
- India’s only engineering institute run by BSF Management.
- The institute is located in the most disciplined environment of BSF Academy which motivates the students for smart dress up, regular routine, physical fitness and obedience.
- Fully secured BSF campus.
- State of the art architecture of the building.
- Huge lush green campus. The institute is the only engineering college in the region which is connected to the National Knowledge Network (NKN). This unique facility enables the students to connect them with the latest developments in their fields.
- Volkswagen established an AUDI training center under their VG-TAP program to help students in their placements.
- The Academy provides another added advantage of well developed infrastructure support of its various technical units and facilities like Central School of Motor Transport (CSMT) which is a centre of excellence and has all the expertise in state of the art technology in the field of Automobile Engineering. Tear Smoke Unit (TSU) and Central Workshop and Stores (CENWOSTO) also provide training support to the RJIT students.
- Language Lab for improvement of Communication Skills.
- Well-equipped Computer Labs.
- Main Library & Departmental Libraries with large collection of books, periodicals & journals.
- Access to renowned Scientific & Technical Online Journals.
- Highly learned and experienced faculty.
- Excellent Result of students.
- Excellent placement records.
- State-of-the-art Auditorium inaugurated by Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
- Innovative mentoring of students by faculty & senior students.
- Fee and all other rules and regulations as per Government Norms.
- Separate boys’ and girls’ hostels.
- Facilities like sports complex, canteen services, open theatre, swimming pool, 100 bedded hospital etc.
- The BSF quota seats are filled by the students from all over India and also these students have wider exposure of the entire nation.